When entering queries on a search engine, consumers seek to find answers to their questions. They readily trust a business that does exactly this.
To foster long-term relationships with customers, you must provide solutions to their problems. You need to create content that aligns with your customers’ needs. It is supposed to connect with your target audience at different stages of the buying process.
Are you wondering where we are going with this? We are simply trying to convince you how inbound digital marketing is the solution to YOUR problems!
What is inbound marketing?
In complicated terms, inbound marketing is a strategy that creates valuable content aligning with your customer’s needs. In simple terms, inbound marketing enables brand awareness and engages the audience.
Inbound marketing strategy does what your teachers did in your school (at least we hope they did ;p) – providing solutions to your problems. Catering to your client’s issues is imperative to maintain your brand identity.
How does inbound marketing help?
So, your obvious question will be – what problems are we trying to solve here? From a consumer’s point of view, you are ensuring them:
- Brand identity: customers want to ensure that the brand they support is consistent.
- Information: By contextualizing the needs of the consumers, you give them what they need. For example, if a person has read Book 1 in a series, you’ll readily provide them with Book 2 in the same series.
- Personalization: Customers don’t feel special if you send them automated marketing material. They’ll be more engaged if they know you are trying to build a one-on-one relationship with them.
Above all, it is crucial to make the consumers realize that a human is behind the screen. Your videos, blogs, campaigns, etc., need to breathe empathy to appeal to your target audience.
But don’t mistake understanding inbound marketing strategy only from the customer’s point of view. It is an excellent asset to your business as well.
Digital marketing has proven to make life easier for us, and inbound marketing further helps you to:
- Increase brand awareness
- Generate leads
- Build customer loyalty
- Drive website traffic
- Maintain increasing sales
- Ensure higher footfall
Why choose inbound marketing?
As you have figured, inbound digital marketing aims to sustain your business’s brand image. In return, we have figured out your next question – why is it better than traditional marketing techniques?
Traditional marketing techniques are better known as outbound marketing techniques. In this context, they include advertisements through TV and radio commercials, print ads in newspapers and magazines, along with email blasts and cold calling.
Do you remember the days before you successfully blocked all these advertisements? While outbound marketing is generally effective in grabbing customers’ attention, it is slowly losing its purpose. We have entered an age wherein even the slightest inconveniences unmotivated us.
You can see that the goals of either strategy are the same. They both focus on sales, engagement, lead generation, and brand awareness. However, an inbound strategy is better suited because it doesn’t annoy your customers. Oh, and it is cheaper.
Let’s list down solutions that inbound marketing strategy provides you with:
- Website traffic: Using digital tools like SEO, generating higher traffic to your business website is effortless. It also boosts lead generation.
- Credibility: With increasing businesses, you cannot doubt that a customer won’t be skeptical of your pop-ups. With a careful approach, inbound digital marketing gives them content that is rich in value, which makes it easier for them to trust you.
- Marketing Budget: Once you have a good investment, you can imagine spending money to engage in outbound marketing. However, long-lasting web content makes much more sense if you have a limited budget dedicated to marketing.
- Sales: You already know that the primary purpose of inbound digital marketing is to solve customers’ problems. When you engage in providing answers, your chances of increasing sales increase ten-fold.
- Sustainability: This is formed through brand awareness and consistency. Once you start catering to consumer demand, your brand is securing its long-run seat in consumers’ hearts.
We hope we have given you enough FOMO if you weren’t invested in inbound marketing strategy before. But before you head off, let us clear the specificity of this long-run playing game.
Examples of inbound marketing
Now, we can’t be so cruel as to sign you off before telling you some key examples of inbound marketing. Discover below the tasks which will lead you to fruitful outcomes:
- Blog posts
- Case Study, i.e., customer spotlight
- Social Media posts
These are a few tools that will help you:
- Ranking better on search results
- Displaying your commitment to consumer satisfaction
- Aiding your readers with reliable information
- Easing customer hassle
- Catering to a diverse audience
Even though you are working towards outbound marketing techniques, don’t forget to mix them with successful inbound marketing strategies. With each blog and social media post, you are securing at least one customer with you for the long run.
Side note, if you wish to sustain a lead for the longer run we would suggest using professional help from a digital marketing agency.
Read more on KulFiy
Eminent Digital Marketing Strategies to Generate Quality Leads
5 Marketing Strategies applied by Webtrends in Their Projects
5 Tips to Write A Killer Resume as a Digital Marketer