Have you ever wondered why many people enjoy fish recipes? Well, nothing beats the tasty feeling of fresh fish well-cooked and brought to the table sizzling with aroma. For example, the Spanish seafood paella with rice creates a one-of-a-kind taste sensation that becomes a true food treasure.
You can explore diverse fish dinner recipes here, including salmon, tuna, cod, sea bass, mackerel, haddock, hake, and many more. Depending on how you like it, you can enhance your fish food flavors with fresh herbs such as tarragon or thyme.
You can also marinate it with ginger, spices, and soy sauce. In short, there are many ways to enjoy this sumptuous dinner recipe.
More importantly, fish has many health benefits, and the recipes are easy to add to your dinner menu! There are a lot of easy fish dinner ideas out there, like Chilean sea bass, patty or cake, pies, curries, and paella.
During winter, for instance, you can enjoy the savory taste of freshwater fish such as whitefish. Try having it seasoned with garlic, lemon, and mustard and then baked in the oven.
Besides, a whole fish, including red snapper or striped bass, is awesome when marinated in garlic and sesame paste before baking. Additionally, you can use cumin, coriander, fresh grapefruit, or orange juice to enhance the fish flavor.
Our article further explores the most delicious weeknight fish dinner recipes you can enjoy in 2023 and beyond. Let’s take a closer look below:
1. Grilled Chilean Sea Bass Recipe with Asparagus Sprigs
The most delicious food doesn’t have to be complicated to prepare. Sometimes, you can have the best food enjoyed by everyone in the family or with friends because it is one of the easiest to prepare.
Sometimes you have visitors and need to prepare a quick yet delicious meal. Or, you may need to make an impressive dinner for your family.
Such are the times you need to consider following the steps and directions given for preparing the most delicious grilled Chilean sea bass recipe. This seafood never disappoints. In less than 30 minutes, you’ll have your best and most savory fish dinner recipe ready to serve.
The grilled sea bass is best served with other simple side dishes. That way, you and your family will enjoy a meal similar to that of a top bistro, yet it’s easy enough to prepare any day of the week!
- Servings: 4 people
- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 20 minutes
- 4 portions of Chilean sea bass
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil and a little extra oil for brushing
- 12 asparagus spears, peeled to the heads and with the woody end removed
- 4 tomato cherries
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- Kosher salt
2. Baked Fish and Sweet Potatoes, Marinated with Garlic, Sesame Paste, and Soy Sauce
Cooking a whole fish with sweet potatoes for your weeknight dinner and having it marinated with garlic, sesame paste, and soy sauce are one of the best recipes.
Once baked, the fish forms a delicious and crispy layer. You can accompany it with simple side dishes like rice and sauteed spinach.
Guideline for Baked Fish with Sweet Potatoes:
- Preparation time: 10 minutes
- Cooking time: 1-hour unattended
- 2 pounds of whitefish filets
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of safflower oil
- 2 tablespoons of fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons of dried thyme
- 2 big sweet potatoes
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- Coarse salt
- 1 medium-sized onion, and have it thinly-sliced
- ¼- ½ cup of creme fraiche
- ½ teaspoon of Hungarian paprika.
- Use paper towels to wipe the whitefish filets until dry.
- Mix the garlic, mustard, lemon juice, thyme, and safflower oil in a small bowl.
- Have the mixture spread over the filets and leave it unattended for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and slice the sweet potatoes into thin pieces (you can use a food processor).
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in a baking dish that’s shallow enough to hold the filets perfectly in one layer.
- Sprinkle the mixture with salt and pepper, and dot them with butter.
- Here, you may have to make two or more potato layers.
- Spread the onion and ½ of the creme fraiche over the potatoes (spread an amount that’s just enough to moisten the mixture).
- Sprinkle with paprika and cover it.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Get the sweet potatoes from the oven and spread the filets on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining cream evenly on top of the filets.
- Bake uncovered for about 20 minutes until the fish flakes and the sweet potatoes are very soft.
3. Simple Fish Pie Recipe
This recipe consists of a simple fish pie procedure that’s easy to make. You can have it divided into portions in ramekins and then freeze it for quick weeknight fish dinner recipes. Or, you can prepare it in a big dish for a perfect and delicious one-time family dinner.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 1 kg of peeled and halved Maris Piper potatoes
- 400 mL of milk and a splash
- 25 grams of butter and a knob
- 25 grams of plain flour
- 4 pieces of finely sliced onions
- 1 large pack of around 320-400 grams of fish pie mix (smoked haddock, cod, salmon, etc.)
- 1 teaspoon of English mustard or Dijon
- ½ a 25-gram pack or a small bunch of finely chopped chives
- A handful of cheddar (grated)
- A handful of sweetcorn (frozen)
- A handful of petit pois (frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, fan 180°C, or gas mark 6.
- Put 1 kg of peeled and halved potatoes in a saucepan and add water to cover the potatoes.
- Allow them to boil, and then simmer until they feel tender.
- Once cooked, drain completely, and then mix the potatoes with a knob of butter and a splash of milk.
- Mash and then season them with grounded black pepper.
- Place 25 grams of butter, 25 grams of plain flour, and 4 spring onions, finely sliced, in a different pan. Heat gently while stirring until the butter melts. Cook for around 2 minutes.
- In 400 mL of milk, whisk the mixture. Let it boil and keep stirring to avoid it sticking to the pan’s bottom and forming lumps.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened.
- Take it off the heat and then stir the mixture in 320–400 grams of mixed fish, English mustard, or 1 teaspoon Dijon, a small bunch of finely snipped chives, a handful of sweet corn, and petit pois.
- Spoon the mixture into 6–8 ramekins or an ovenproof dish. Place the potato on top, sprinkled with a handful of grated cheddar cheese.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes in the oven. Remove it when it is golden in color and bubbling at the edges. You can also cover and freeze the pie for another day’s use.
The truth is that fish and seafood contain the essential minerals, vitamins, and omega-3 fatty acids necessary for overall good health. All the fish varieties, from shrimp to cod to salmon to scallops, are lean sources of protein that should form part of your regular, heart-healthy diet.
That’s why it’s important to discover delicious fish dinner recipes that are nutritious yet easy and quick to fix for family or visitors. Luckily, there are many easy ways to eat more seafood recipes.
Nonetheless, despite being nutritional powerhouses, fish and seafood recipes often seem quite intimidating, especially for newbies. But, compared to other protein sources, fish has a unique taste, and you can decide on the flavor pairings and cooking method you deem best.
Thankfully, our article has given you some delicious fish recipes you can enjoy for your weeknight dinners. Once you get used to making them, you’ll realize that the recipes are indeed a quick, flavorful fix.
Read More on KulFiy