Dandruff is a common scalp disorder in children and adults in which dead scalp skin cells flake off and fall on your shoulder and clothing, making you look dirty and unattractive. According to studies, nearly half of all children in their pre-pubertal stage (before puberty) suffer from dandruff, regardless of gender or demographic.
Almost every human population has experienced dandruff at some point in their lives. However, the severity of dandruff varies by season, with winter being the worst. Dandruff flakes may look similar, but they differ depending on the nature of your scalp and the factors that cause scalp skin flaking.
This article discusses home remedies for dandruff and practical tips for preventing it quickly.
How to Get Rid of Dandruff Fast
1. Baking Soda as an Anti-dandruff
Baking soda is an anti-dandruff agent. It has exfoliating properties that help remove dead skin flakes from the scalp. The antifungal properties of baking soda may inhibit or reduce the growth of Malassezia, the fungus that causes dandruff.
Only a small amount of baking soda should be used. Perform a patch test before applying baking soda to your scalp.
2. Ketoconazole Shampoo for Dandruff
Ketoconazole shampoo is a medicated dandruff shampoo with antifungal properties that is used to treat scalp infections. Psoriasis, stubborn dandruff, and other conditions can be treated with it.
Some types of dandruff are caused by a dry scalp, while others are caused by seborrheic dermatitis. Seborrheic dermatitis may be caused by a Malassezia overgrowth, according to research. Because of its antifungal properties, ketoconazole shampoo for dandruff can help treat seborrheic dermatitis. Ketoconazole shampoo is available without a prescription or over the counter (OTC).
3. Eucalyptus Oil for Dandruff
Eucalyptus oil has been studied for its anti-inflammatory properties. Massage eucalyptus oil and coconut oil into your scalp.
It could help with dandruff, itchiness and redness. According to one study, eucalyptus oil contains components that may aid in the fight against bacterial and fungal infections and reduce dandruff symptoms.
4. Aloe Vera as an Anti-dandruff
Aloe vera is high in vitamins A, B, and C. As a result, it can be used to achieve a healthy and nourished scalp. Aloe vera can help treat dandruff by moisturising dry scalp skin, according to one study.
5. Tea Tree Oil for Fungal Infection-related Dandruff
According to research published in the International Journal of Dermatology, tea tree oil contains anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activity components. The antimicrobial activity of tea tree oil is effective against bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
Apply tea tree oil to the scalp and leave it on overnight for maximum benefit. It should be washed once a week with regular or herbal shampoo.
6. Lemongrass Oil for Dandruff Resulting From Fungal Infection
The ability of lemongrass oil to inhibit Malassezia, the fungus that causes dandruff, is being researched. Use lemongrass oil shampoo or a hair tonic to get rid of dandruff caused by a fungal infection.
Tips To Prevent Dandruff
Dandruff is an annoyance that makes you look dirty and unattractive. The good news is that you can avoid dandruff by using simple home remedies and over-the-counter shampoos. So let’s get started and learn everything there is to know about preventing various types of dandruff.
- Include vitamin B, C, fats, iron, and zinc-rich foods and beverages. Iron promotes blood formation and flow to the scalp, making it resistant to infection. According to research, vitamin B and zinc deficiency are important factors in the development of dandruff. As a result, including vitamin B and zinc in your diet may aid in the prevention of dandruff and its aggravating symptoms.
- 100% natural hair oils should be massaged into the scalp and hair. Hair oils with added chemicals and fragrances may irritate the scalp and cause flaky skin on the scalp.
- Hair combs that are dirty can contribute to scalp infections that lead to dandruff. As a result, use sanitised and clean hair combs.
Over to You
All dandruff flakes may appear the same to your eyes, but they are not. To determine the type of dandruff you have, pay close attention to the appearance of your dandruff flakes and their symptoms. Once confirmed, you can start dandruff treatment and prevention.
Dandruff is unsightly, but it is curable. Use home-based natural treatments and over-the-counter medicated shampoos to treat dandruff and its symptoms.
Read more on KulFiy
Is hair transplant a success or failure?