The release of ChatGPT has shocked Google a lot. Google even hangs out “Code Red” directly, stepping up the development and debugging of their AI Chatbot “Bard“, and expects to integrate the functions of “Bard” into Google Chrome, striving to achieve full competition with ChatGPT as soon as possible. ChatGPT VS Google, who is better and who is worse, and which is weaker?
What is ChatGPT
In November 2022, OpenAI released ChatGPT, an AI chat robot based on the upgraded version GPT-3.5 of the large-scale natural language processing model GPT-3, which was upgraded to the GPT-4 model on March 14, with Transformer Deep learning neural network architecture, using massive text data for pre-training, can achieve various natural language processing tasks. ChatGPT is mainly used in interactive dialogue systems, that is, by inputting text and outputting a series of reasonable responses. After upgrading to the GPT-4 model, it has multi-modal processing functions, such as text-to-text, text-to-image and text-to-video.
ChatGPT VS Google Bard
Bard is an AI Chatbot independently developed by Google. Based on the LaMDA model, it is a natural language processing technology launched by Google. It uses Transformer encoders to process text data. Google Bard is mainly designed around enhancing Google’s own search tools, so it will be more biased towards the accuracy and effectiveness of search. Since Google has not publicly released Bard for a long time, its specific performance and application performance are still a mystery.
ChatGPT was released in November 2022–in fact, this is its biggest advantage, because ChatGPT currently has more than 100 million users, and users are actually training ChatGPT’s model in the process of using it to help it continue to improve and upgrade . In addition, ChatGPT has released an API, which is more scalable and practical: developers can easily fine-tune and extend it and apply it to a variety of NLP tasks, such as text generation, dialogue generation, text classification, etc.
ChatGPT VS Google Search Engine
Here are some comparisons between ChatGPT and Google search engine:
- How it works: ChatGPT is an artificial intelligence based on deep learning technology, which can understand and process natural language input and generate corresponding answers. Google’s search engine, on the other hand, is based on computer algorithms that index and search web content on the Internet to return results that match user queries.
- Scope: ChatGPT can answer almost any question, while the Google search engine focuses on searching and returning web content related to specific keywords. However, ChatGPT’s knowledge of world events is limited to September 2021, and the database is not updated in real time. The Google search engine then constantly updates its index to keep up with the latest happenings and happenings around the world.
- Interactivity: ChatGPT can interact with users in natural language and answer questions raised by users, while the Google search engine requires users to manually enter search queries to obtain relevant information.
- Credibility: Due to the nature of ChatGPT’s artificial intelligence, the credibility and accuracy of its answers may be affected, so users are required to judge the accuracy of their answers. The results returned by the Google search engine are usually more reliable information after filtering and sorting.
- Price: Google search engine is completely free, ChatGPT provides free version and paid service, the paid version has more priority server support.
The Google search engine is still the largest and most used search engine, and according to Google, its index contains hundreds of billions of web pages on the Internet and is more than 100,000,000 gigabytes in size. But it can be seen that both ChatGPT and Google search engines are very useful tools in terms of information search, each has its own advantages, and can provide valuable information and answers in different situations. Users should choose the tools that suit their needs for obtaining information and answering questions.
Read More on KulFiy:
Best Free Google Index Tool Available Online