Today, the talk of the town is going to be the CBSE board. The full form of CBSE is The Central Board of Secondary Education. CBSE has more than 9000 schools in India and is spread and effective in 21 countries of the world, globally. It conducts the All India Secondary school examinations for class 10th and All India Senior school certificate examinations for class 12th. The academic year of CBSE begins in June and ends in April and the medium of attempting the exam papers is Hindi as well as English. The basic passing marks for each subject are 33%. The curriculum is designed by The Academic Training, Research and Innovation unit of CBSE. Books are designed by the NCERT. Assessment forms are a part and parcel of this board, wherein it comprises the unit tests as well as semester exams. There is a wide range of subjects offered right from English, Hindi, mathematics, social studies including Geography, History, political science, etc, Science and Computer science, entrepreneurship, fashion studies, Home Science, Economics, Literature and so on. They also give equal importance to co-curricular activities like physical education, sports, cultural activities and numerous other competitions. The curriculum prepares students for various competitive exams especially for Engineering and Medical since these exams are largely based on the CBSE curriculum. This sort of education is suitable for parents having transferrable jobs, especially government and defence jobs. Occasional subjects are given in the high school and the curriculum is updated regularly by the experts at regular intervals. CBSE in general has a vast curriculum and lays emphasis mainly upon science and math-related subjects.
All our lives we hear that the 10th board exams are the most important in one’s life, but do we really know if they’re important or not or how much importance they carry? There are a lot of questions arising in our minds like will our 10th board marks ever be asked further in life or are they going to really matter and help when we are in the search of a job? So the answer to this is that Class 10th marks are required in order to seek admissions in all the colleges as well as one might be required to compulsorily show their 10th mark sheet while on a job interview. These are important because the authority requires to confirm a person’s date of birth before handing them over a certain job. But for the selection, the entire weightage is not just given to the marks but to a person’s skills. Hence, one must not get disappointed if they don’t score high marks on the 10th board. But the 10th board can eventually guide a person to choose which field they might excel in and are the most comfortable in. The exam papers of every year differ and have a different set of questions though some questions are repeated every year because they are the most important among their counterparts and hence need to be studied well by heart. This is precisely why checking out CBSE Last Year Question Papers for Class 10 is considered quite important.
What’s also important is understanding the syllabus. Following are the major topics these questions are based on and asked from and can be given subject-wise as follows.
1. Number systems
b) Linear equations in two variables.
c) Quadratic equations
d) Arithmetic progressions
3. Coordinate geometry
a) Lines in two dimensions
Introduction to Trigonometry
b) Trigonometric identities.
c) Heights and Distances- Angle of elevation, Angle of Depression
a) Areas related to circles
b) Surface areas and volumes
7. Statistics and probability.
- Chapter 1: Chemical Reactions and Equations
- Chapter 2: Acids Bases and Salts
- Chapter 3: Metals and Non-metals
- Chapter 4: Carbon and its Compounds
- Chapter 5: Periodic Classification of Elements
- Chapter 6: Life Processes
- Chapter 7: Control and Coordination
- Chapter 8: How do Organisms Reproduce
- Chapter 9: Heredity and Evolution
- Chapter 10: Light Reflection and Refraction
- Chapter 11: Human Eye and Colourful World
- Chapter 12: Electricity
- Chapter 13: Magnetic Effects of Electric Current
- Chapter 14: Sources of Energy
- Chapter 15: Our Environment
- Chapter 16: Management of Natural Resources
- Resources and Development
- Forest and Wildlife Resources
- Water Resources
- Minerals and Energy Resources
- Manufacturing industries
- Lifelines of national economy
- The Rise of Nationalism in Europe
- Nationalism in India
- The age of industrialisation
- Print culture and modern world
- The nationalist movement in Indo-China
- The making of a global world
- Work, life and leisure: cities in the contemporary world. 8.
- Novels, society and History
Some important essay topics to be studied are as follows:
- Kamartod mahangayi
- Swachch Bharat Abhiyan
- Badalti jeevan shaili
- Mahanagariya jeevan
- Parvon ka badalta swarup
- Bita samay fir lautta nahi
- Videshi akarshan
- Musibat me hi mitra ki parakh hoti hai
- Prakruti ka prakop
- Vigyapan ki duniya
- Bhrashtachar mukt samaj
- Baal majduri
- Vidyarthi aur anushasan
- Shahar me badhte apraadh
- Mahangayi ki maar
- Pradushan ki samasya
Kriya(verb), Kaal(tense), Pratyay(suffix), Sarvanam(prepositions), Muhavarein(idioms), and Ling(gender).
- A Letter to God
- Nelson Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom
- Two Stories about Flying
- From the Diary of Anne Frank
- The Hundred Dresses –I
- The Hundred Dresses –II
- Glimpses of India 8.Mijbil the Otter
- Madam Rides the Bus
- The Sermon at Benares
- The Proposal
- Dust of Snow
- Fire and Ice
- A Tiger in the Zoo
- How to Tell Wild Animals
- The Ball Poem
- The Trees
- The Tale of Custard the Dragon
- For Anne Gregory
- A Triumph of Surgery
- The Thief’s Story
- The Midnight Visitor
- A Question of Trust
- Footprints without Feet
- The Making of a Scientist
- The Necklace
- The Hack Driver
- The Book that Saved the Earth
- Tenses 2.
- Modals 3.
- Active and passive voice 4.
- Clauses 5.
- Prepositions 6.
And writing skills including letter writing, report writing, essay writing, etc.
Read more on KulFiy
Class 9th Hindi Exam: Tips to Top your Class
Examination Preparation Strategies
Top 5 Benefits of E-Learning
The Importance of ITIL Certification and Scope for Career Growth