- Mani Ratnam’s real name is Gopala Ratnam Subramaniam. Mani Ratnam is a famous Indian director-actor filmmaker whose image work can be seen in Southern Indian cinema.
- Mani Ratnam was born on June 2, 1956, in Madurai, Tamil Nadu. Regarding the Mani Ratnam family, Mani Ratnam’s father is S. Gopal Ratnam Iyer, a famous film producer. His mother’s name is not known.
- Mani Ratnam’s religion is Hinduism, and his nationality is Indian.
- Mani Ratnam has also worked in the cinema.
Mani Ratnam is a famous screenwriter-director and Indian filmmaker born on June 2, 1956. Mani Ratnam’s birthday comes on June 2 every year, and he celebrates it with his loved ones.
|67 years old
|Date of Birth
|2 June 1956
|Gopala Ratnam Subramaniam
|Film Director, Producer and Screenwriter
|Madurai, Tamil Nadu
|5’ 7” (170 cm)
|75 kg (165 lbs)
|Master of Business Administration (MBA)
|Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College, Madras University Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai
|S Gopal Ratnam
|Name Not Known
|G. Venkateswaran, G. Srinivasan, Sethu Sriram
|Suhasini Mani Ratnam
|Nandan Mani Ratnam
|Reading and Writing
Renowned actor and filmmaker Mani Ratnam was born on June 2, 1956. Mani Ratnam age is currently 67 years old
|67 Years Old
Mani Ratnam is a tall man. Mani Ratnam’s height is 5 ft 7 in or 170 cm.
|Height in centimeters
Mani Ratnam weight is 75 kg or 165 lbs
|Weight in lbs
Education and early life
- Mani Ratnam was born and brought up in Madurai. He has spent the majority of his life there. Mani Ratnam was the second child. He has two brothers. One is younger than him, and another is older than him.
- Mani Ratnam’s father, Gopal Ratnam, is a film distributor, and his brothers went for film production.
- Mani Ratnam spent his childhood with his family in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- Mani Ratnam completed his schooling at Besant theosophical school. It was when he started getting interested in films earlier, watching movies considered Taboo for youngsters.
- After that money, he pursued his commerce degree from Ramakrishna Mission Vivekananda College of Madras.
- After graduation, Mani Ratnam pursued his MBA from Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management in Mumbai.
- After completing his education, Mani Ratnam’s landed in business form as a management consultant in Madras.
- Mani Ratnam wanted more from his job and was feeling academic extensions. Mani Ratnam and two other friends, Ravi Shankar and Raman, the son of Bala Chander, were working on a script.
- Mani Ratnam was enthusiastic about the film, so he took a particle leave from his office. However, it couldn’t do well. But till then, Mani Ratnam’s family agreed to become a filmmaker.
- In 1983, Mani Ratnam made a debut with Anil Kapoor’s film Pallavi Anu Pallavi. It was a Kannada movie, and he made uncountable films after that. Mani Ratnam’s movie list is unended.
- Mani Ratnam has his screenwriting debut.
- Mani Ratnam was keen on acting as well. In 1985 Mani Ratnam’s first movie as an actor was Pagalnilavu. But till then, he couldn’t establish his name.
- In 1856, Mani Ratnam gained wider popularity from the film Mouna Ragam. It is a financially successful film.
- Mani Ratnam and Shahrukh Khan have done a movie together Mani Ratnam Hindi movies are dil se with Shahrukh Khan.
- Mani Ratnam’s new movie was with Aishwarya Rai named Ponniyin Selvan. Ponniyin Sylvan’s budget was estimated at around 500 crores.
Mani Ratnam Movies List
|Pallavi Anu Pallavi
|Dumm Dumm Dumm
|O Kadhal Kanmani
|Chekka Chivan tha Vaanam
|Putham Pudhu Kaalai
|Ponniyin Selvan: I
|Ponniyin Selvan: II
Mani Ratnam has received many awards for his excellent work. He has received six Film fare awards for Mani Ratnam’s best movies. The Indian government has honoured Mani Ratnam with the Padma Shri award, acknowledging his film contribution. He has two entries into the Oscars and academy awards to represent India.
|Film fare Best Director Award – Tamil
|National Film Award
|Glory to the Filmmaker Award
|Nargis Dutt Award for Best Feature Film
|Nandi Award for Best Story Writer
|Film fare Award for Best Director – Telugu
|Film fare Award for Best Screenplay
|Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan Award for Excellence in Indian Cinema
|National Film Award for Best Feature Film
|Film fare Critics Award for Best Film
Mani Ratnam Net Worth
Mani Ratnam is an exceptional Indian filmmaker, screenwriter, producer, and actor who has worked in uncountable films, Tamil, Telugu, and Hindi cinema. He has imprinted his name through the work he has done. Mani Ratnam is one of the wealthiest Indian film producers and filmmakers. Mani Ratnam’s net worth is estimated at around $18 Million Rs.130 Crore Indian rupees.
|Net worth 2019
|Net worth 2020
|Net worth 2021
|Net worth 2022
|Net worth 2023
Personal life and family
- Mani Ratnam’s family and personal life are at peace. Mani Ratnam is married to Suhasini Charu Hassan. They both met at films together. From starting to like, their friendship turned into a strong bond in marriage which was first tied on August 26, 1988.
- Mani Ratnam and Suhasini Charu Hassan have a son named Nandan Mani Ratnam
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is Mani Ratnam?
Mani Ratnam’s real name is Gopala Ratnam Subramaniam. Mani Ratnam is a famous Indian director and actor-filmmaker whose image work can be seen in Southern Indian cinema.
Who is Mani Ratnam’s son?
Mani Ratnam married Suhasini Charu Hassan in 1988. The couple has given birth to a son named Nandan Mani Ratnam.
How many movies has Mani Ratnam directed?
Mani Ratnam has directed 29 films, and 15 movies have been produced under the banner of Madras Talkies.
Who is Mani Ratnam’s father?
Mani Ratnam’s father’s name is Gopala Ratnam. He was a film distributor.
Who is Mani Ratnam’s wife?
Mani Ratnam, an Indian filmmaker, actor, and writer, is married to an actor Suhasini Charu Hassan who belongs to the Hassan family. Mani Ratnam’s wife is a great actress. They both met at the film set and gradually liked each other; the couple had a tied knot in 1988. They both have a son together, named Nandan Mani Ratnam
How much does Mani Ratnam earn?
Mani Ratnam’s net worth is around 130 Crores in Indian Rupees and 18 million dollars.
Read more on KulFiy