Misaligned teeth can affect your life. Many people do not realize the negative impact that a skewed smile can have until they experience Invisalign. Your confidence blossoms and you are poised to reach any goal with the winning smile you’ve always wanted.
Still, many people resist using orthodontic treatment. Cost, discomfort, time, and inconvenience play a role. No wires, brackets, or attachments! An Invisalign provider will scan your teeth, develop your treatment plan, and give you a reasonably accurate estimate. Read to learn about Invisalign, an innovative approach to teeth straightening.
What’s Invisalign and How Does It Work?
Invisalign is a revolutionary approach to teeth straightening that uses clear aligners. Each aligner is custom-made and worn for two weeks for 20-22 hours a day before you switch to the next one.
The process starts with an Invisalign evaluation, determining whether you’re an appropriate candidate for the treatment. If you are, your dentist will take an impression of your teeth, which is sent to Invisalign’s laboratory, where they create a digital plan for your treatment. Your dentist will send this plan to you so that you can begin wearing your first aligner right away.
The goal is to gradually shift your teeth into place so they’re perfectly aligned when treatment ends. Each tray has inside markings that help guide you as you take each step toward your new smile.
An Invisalign treatment plan typically has 10-20 trays total, depending on how much correction is needed and how quickly you respond to treatment.
Benefits of Invisalign
Invisalign is an alternative to traditional braces that lets you get the straight teeth you’ve always wanted without the hassle of traditional metal braces. The benefits of Invisalign are:
- Comfortable: The aligners come from clear plastic that’s flexible and soft, so they move with your teeth as you eat, talk, or even smile. You can wear them while you sleep or any time—they don’t have to be removed for eating or drinking.
- Invisalign is also discreet. The aligners are clear and practically invisible, making them perfect for teens who want to avoid retainer-like dental devices.
- Invisalign is easy to brush. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can take them out after brushing your teeth and then put them back on. It prevents tooth decay and gum disease, which can be caused by plaque buildup on braces.
- The Invisalign System is the only system that allows you to eat any food and drink any liquid.
- Maintain your athletic lifestyle. With Invisalign, you can play any sport you want! Whether a baseball player or a soccer star, Invisalign will give you the freedom to play and train as hard as you want—without worrying about dentistry in between games. If you have braces, then you have to wear a mouthguard.
- Fast treatment time. With traditional metal braces, patients can expect treatment times ranging from 18-30 months, depending on their case and the severity of the problems. With Invisalign, treatment times are much shorter — often as little as 12-18 months.
- Fewer Dentist visits. When an Invisalign patient begins treatment, the doctor or dentist will give them a supply of aligners for several weeks. The dentist does not require routine checkups or adjustments of the patient. The patient moves on to the next set of aligners as prescribed by the doctor. Once every six months, they visit their Invisalign dentist to get their new aligners. They schedule it so the doctor can monitor the patient’s improvement and make necessary adjustments to the treatment plan.
Invisalign is effective for malocclusions (bad bites). You can get Invisalign if you have crowded teeth, underbites, overbites, crossbites, and dental issues that prevent your teeth from aligning.
Cost of Invisalign
The cost of Invisalign can vary depending on the number of aligners you need and how long you wear them. For example, if you have a lot of teeth that need correcting or are very crooked, the treatment will cost more than if they are just slightly misaligned. The average cost of Invisalign treatment ranges from $3,000 to $7,000 per arch.
Insurance covers Invisalign treatment in the same manner that braces are. The amount or percentage that your insurance covers will depend on your policy. Insurance companies frequently place a limit on how much they pay for orthodontic care throughout a person’s lifetime.
Invisalign has developed a system that allows slight corrective movements of the teeth through a series of clear aligners. Because Invisalign treatment is customized to correct each person’s unique situation, it is often more successful than traditional options. Discomfort is minimal during treatment, as the aligners are removed at night, and your teeth remain mostly untouched by treatment.
Read More on KulFiy
Live a long life by taking care of your Teeth
Take care of your teeth regularly with pain free dentistry
Visit the best dentists in Chiswick and get your Teeth checked