GRP which stands for Glass Reinforced Polyester is a blended and amalgamated material. It is formed by strengthening plastic with excellent fibres which are made up of plastic. GRP or the fibreglass roof is the most demanding flat roofing solution in European countries. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the relevant information regarding the flat roofing solution. Let’s check it out.
Why will you like to choose a flat roofing solution?
Flat roofing solutions have been in great demand for the last 60 years. It is satisfying the customers without any complaint. In the beginning, people were unaware of its uses but thanks to the new system Cromar PRO GRP who had helped flat roof g to a great extent. If we study the commercial and domestic buildings then we can see that in every field GRP has taken its position. From boats to lorries, and from water tanks to ponds everywhere we use GRP solution.
Another reason for using a flat roofing solution is you can easily install the GRP roofing system without any hassle. It is made up of a layer of catalysed resin which is then applied to the dry roofing deck. After that to give a more attractive finishing look, topcoat resin is applied to it. We must tell you something that you should be careful about the installation because if it is installed properly then it will serve your purpose at least for 35 years. So, you don’t have to worry at least for 3 to 4 decades.
What is the costing of the Fibreglass Roofing Kits?
The costing of the fibreglass roofing kits entirely depends on how you are using it. If you want to construct a new roof, then needless to say that you have to invest a lot in it. On the other hand, if you want to repair your existing roof then it will cost you less. Now, if we discuss elaborately then the costing also depends upon the area of your roof. Moreover, if you want to give design and want to create something unique then the costing will depend on that.
Many novice people have a notion that a fibreglass roofing solution might be costly, but it is not like that. If you use it wisely then it will come under your budget.
However, if you want to know the estimated value, then you have to spend approx £70-£90 to get a proper roof treatment. If we see them the majority of the roofers might include reboarding in their fee. If you know the technique then you may go for the DIY installation. We all know that DIY installation will be cheaper, but you should be careful in using it properly.
How can we repair the fibreglass roof?
We have already mentioned that repairs are not always needed if you can handle it properly. As long as you carry out decking with trims and flashing, you don’t have to worry about repairing your fibreglass roof.
However, if you notice any crack or hope, then there is little matter of concern. Instead of repairing the entire roof, it is better to repair that particular place.
Another thing that you should know is that fibreglass remains unaffected by the scorching sunlight but the colour might fade over the years. However, there is nothing to worry about the faded portion. It will not affect the internal portion. However, if you want then you can give a coating to avoid the faded region.
Sometimes due to the poor and inefficient workmanship, GRP roofs start to leak. So, you have to check if the flashing and trims are correctly installed or not. If everything is fit and fine, then there is no need to go for repair. In one word we would like to say that you can remain tension free. Even if the storm comes, your GRP roof solution will remain free from danger.
Read More: Dream Design Property
What are the advantages of GRP flat roofing coverings?
There are lots of advantages if you use GRP flat roofing coverings. Let us look at those.
- The first thing that we cannot ignore is the durability. It is highly durable if you compare with the traditional felt system. If you install it properly then it will serve your purpose for more than 30 years.
- The best part is that the fibreglass flat roof system doesn’t require an open flame. Moreover, it also doesn’t need any hazardous or complicated tools. So, there are fewer chances of injury. You can easily install it without any hassle.
- Another mind-blowing feature of the flat roofing solution is that there are no joints or seams attached to the main part of the roof. It means that there are fewer chances of water dripping down. It is the perfect solution for the rainy season. It is the best waterproof solution that is why it is very common in use in yachts and boats.
- We have already said that sometimes due to the scorching heat the colour might fade. So, you need to apply one coating only. It costs less. Other than that, it gives a natural glow. The most important thing is that it can endure the greatest storm and sunlight. Nothing would happen and it would look just like new.
- It is also resistant to fire. Your GRP can cope with footfall and it will make your roof terrace more attractive.
- Another thing which should be mentioned is that it is very easy to maintain. You can clear it with a brush and nothing would damage. In the case of bitumen, it is very difficult to clean.
Click here for Re-Roofing, New Roof & Roof Repair Experts Auckland
It is great that you have read the article till last. We have given you all the details regarding the GRP roofing solution. It might seem to be expensive to you at the beginning, but if you use it once then you can see that it is the most reliable roof solution. If you install it once then you don’t have to worry about it.
Read More on KulFiy
4 Quick Steps To Pick The Best ERP for Manufacturing Businesses