The majority of the images available on the internet are the ones that are duplicated, manipulated, and extrapolated from the initial prototypes. Many online tools and techniques are being used today to manipulate and edit images, so finding fake images and separating them from the original ones can be quite difficult. Being difficult does not mean that it is impossible.
This post will tell you about the different tips that you can use to identify original and manipulated images. We would also tell you about the reverse image search tools to help you make searches related to images.
Pay attention to reflections!
These mistakes are most commonly made by rookies who have no such experience with photoshopping images. In a photo having objects in it, you would always find the shadow of the object. Manipulation of the shadow is not simple and takes years of experience and proper design skills to master the art of it. So, if a rookie is manipulating an image, you can easily detect the image’s fishiness on this point.
Beware of quality issues!
Suppose you want to find duplicate and manipulated images. In that case, you surely have to make sure that you focus on their quality. The image’s quality is compromised when repeatedly saved, uploaded, and shared on different sources. You can easily find blur sports and dizzy sections in an image that would tell you if it is being copied from another source. Blurry spots can occur intentionally and unintentionally, so you have to look for these blurry sports if you want to detect manipulations.
Search for similar patterns
Cloning is the act of duplicating/replicating certain contents on an image on other parts of it. Beauticians often use this image editing technique in their ads. This technique is used to clear dark spots on the skin in the image, untidy hairs, and even pimples. This is a quite common manipulation technique that the naked eye can catch if you scan the image properly.
Accessing the perspective of an image!
The color, brightness and the contrast of the image is a particularly important part of an image. You must know that a fake image would have a different color scheme and a disrupted brightness. You can easily find if an image is being manipulated by looking at its artificial colors and brightness levels. Even a professional editor can set the right perspective in an image. Suppose the picture is edited or faked by a local mobile application. In that case, you can easily detect it like a pro.
Use a reverse image search tool!
Reverse image search tools are an especially important part of image and visual searching. You can easily use the reverse image tool to find tons of details about an image. There are many reverse image search tools available but one of the best Image search is offered by SearchEngineReports for free, so you should try this technology before they place a price tag on it. People are unfamiliar with the uses of the reverse image search tool. This is why we have listed its uses in the list below.
Here are the common uses of reverse photo searching considering which you can try this search technique:
- The most basic use of reverse photo search is to help you get information about all the similar or relevant images available on the internet. These results are especially important if you want to find out about the different versions of an image available on the internet.
- With a reverse photo search, a user can easily find out the details about an image’s ownership. This information is important, especially when you want to use an image on your website or page. You can connect with the creator of the image and get his/her authorization.
- Reverse photo search can help you identify the objects on an image and get to know about them in more detail. For instance, if you have an image of a dog and make a reverse search on it, you would get to know about the dog’s breed and other relevant details about it.
- Today people are also using the reverse image search technique to enhance their seo scores. You can find out the details about the websites and blogs that have relevant image content with a reverse photo search. This information can be used for backlinking.
- With a reverse image search, you can find out image plagiarism. Suppose someone is copying your images and using them without your consent. In that case, you can easily catch them with a reverse image search.
- Reverse photo search can also tell you about the fake accounts that were using duplicate and manipulated images!
Check the metadata of the image!
Some many websites and pages would help you in digging deep about the details of an image. You can easily find out the origin of the image and from where it is being sourced from. You can also find out the different formats of the available image on the internet and whether they have been edited or photoshopped. All of this information is quite vital if you have to check whether the image is manipulated!
If you want to find if someone is faking an image and duplicating it from the web, you can also use the reverse image search engines by Google. You have to open the image engine extension on your browser and use the camera icon to upload the image you want to check the authenticity for. The search engine would get you all sorts of results, telling you whether the image is an original one or is being duplicated from a third-party source.
Follow these tips and try using the reverse photo search tools and search engines. You can easily help yourself find image manipulation and fake images on the internet. More than 30% of the web images are being copied from the other ratio, so you have to make sure that you keep an open eye on every image you go through!
Read More on KulFiy:
Best Free Google Index Tool Available Online