For those who don’t know, sieving is an easy and simple technique for separating particles of different sizes. There is a variety of sieving cloth used for different applications. One of the oldest and most commonly used is the natural silk sieving cloth.
The natural silk sieving cloth is made from natural silk that has outstanding hygroscopicity and is anti-static. Mainly which is used for filtration. Since it is made from pure protein, it has incredible properties like lightness, great strength, and excellent durability. The silk sieving cloth has good elasticity, which means it will not slack or deform quickly.
In this post, I will be highlighting everything you need to know about bonfilt sieving including the application of natural silk sieving cloth.
Benefits of Using Sieving
Sieving is a great method for separating large particles from flour, sand, wheat, and much more.
- It can also be used for separating or filtering water.
- Since it is a traditional method, it will not require a lot of technical skills for separating.
- In comparison to other methods of separation, sieving is less time-consuming.
- This technique is considered cheap because of the low installation cost.
- It can be used in different types of industries.
Types of Natural Silk Sieving Cloth
The natural silk sieving cloth comes in different mesh opening size. The most common weave patterns are half twist, leno weave, and plain weave.
This type of mesh opening has a lower mesh count. The aperture size is large, making it perfect for stable construction and better strength.
Half Twist or Plain Weave
It is great for a higher mesh count. The mesh aperture size is small, it will not small particles pass through, offering better filtering options.
Reasons to Use Natural Silk Sieving Cloth
Here are some of the reasons for using natural silk sieving cloth.
- The natural silk sieve cloth is wear, alkali, and shrink resistant.
- This cloth has a uniform aperture along with a stable structure.
- It is a high-quality and high precision cloth.
- The cloth is durable, making it long-lasting.
Industries Natural Silk Sieving Cloth is Used In
There are several industries that use natural silk sieving cloth for filtration. When it comes to usage, there was a time it was used in the flour mill industry or construction sites. Now it is used for other things as well like:
- Sifting and filtering in the food and beverage industry
- Gunpowder sifting in the weapons industry
- For handicraft products
- Organic matter filtration for essential oils
- Grain filtration
- Emery classification for the rotary sander.
In the flour mill industry, it is useful for removing impurities like stones and husks from wheat, flour, etc. However, in the construction industry, it proves to be useful for separating stones and pebbles from the sand.
Hence, sieving is a wonderful and simple method for separating large particles from small ones. It has been used in the flour mill industry for a long time. #This is because it is perfect for grain federation. Since it is flexible, it can be used in a wide range of industries.