Are you looking to travel to your destination country through Singapore?
Trying to find answers to questions like: Is there a Singapore transit visa? or *Do I need a transit visa?
This all can be slightly confusing, but I’m here to help! I’ll give you all the information you need about Singapore’s transit visas in this article.
Let us begin!
Everything You Need to Know About Singapore Transit Visa for Indians
There are a few things that you should know about the Singapore transit visa.
So, let me start by answering all your anticipated questions on this topic:
– What Is a Singapore Transit Visa for Indians?
– Do Indians Need a Singapore Transit Visa?
– What Is Singapore Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)?
– Is There a Singapore Visa on Arrival for Indians?
What Is a Singapore Transit Visa for Indians?
Let me start with this; technically, there is NO Singapore transit visa for Indians. This is because Singapore does not have a transit visa per se.
So, if you know that you will have to exit the transit area and must go through the Singapore immigration, you must get a standard Singapore tourist visa for Indians.
You can apply for a single-entry visa valid for a stay of fewer than 30 days. Generally, you can stay with a single-entry visa for 14 to 30 days, depending on its validity.
However, throughout this blog, I’ll be using *Singapore Transit Visa for Indians* instead of *Singapore Tourist Visa for Indians* to make it easier to understand.
Do Indians Need a Singapore Transit Visa?
If you’re planning a trip through Singapore, you may be wondering if you need a transit visa.
The answer is maybe!
It all depends on your nationality and the length of your stay, as some citizens can use the Visa Free Transit Facility or VFTF.
For example, if you’re an Indian citizen who needs to leave the transit area in the international Changi airport, you WILL NEED a transit area.
But if you’re just passing through Singapore and don’t need to leave the transit area in the airport, you don’t even need a visa.
So if you’re not sure if you need a Singapore transit visa for Indians, make sure you check with the airlines you’re flying with.
What Is Singapore Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF)?
Are you looking to travel to Singapore without applying for a visa?
Well, you’re in luck!
The Singapore Visa Free Transit Facility allows eligible travelers to transit through Singapore for up to 96 hours without a visa.
That means you can enjoy all that Singapore has to offer without having to worry about getting a visa in advance.
To be eligible for the VFTF, you must:
– You have a long-term visa valid for a minimum of 1 month from Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, or the United States of America.
– Have a valid onward flight ticket to your destination country.
– If you have a single-entry visa from the above-mentioned countries, you can only use VFTF when returning to India.
Is There a Singapore Visa on Arrival for Indians?
No. Unfortunately, for us Indians, there is no visa-on-arrival option available for Singapore.
This means that if you wish to travel to Singapore, you will need to apply beforehand for a Singapore visa from India.
Singapore Transit Visa Requirements for Indian Citizens
As I mentioned earlier, you will not need to apply for a transit visa if you do not leave the transit area.
Hence, you won’t have to worry about the entry requirement or required documents if you have your valid passport and onward flight ticket.
Regardless let us look at all the requirements:
– Documents Required for A Singapore Transit Visa
– Singapore Transit Visa Fees for Indian Citizens
– Singapore Entry Requirements
Documents Required for A Singapore Transit Visa
The documents required are pretty like what you would need when applying for a Singapore tourist visa for Indians.
So here are the Singapore visa requirements for Indians:
– A valid passport for 6 months
– Confirmed onward ticket out of Singapore within 96 hours
– Passport size photograph
– Visa application form
Singapore Transit Visa Fees for Indian Citizens
If you apply online, the visa fee is SGD30 or approx. INR1700 on the government portal. And the visa fees are non-refundable.
But if you are applying through a travel agency, there might be a visa application process surcharge in addition to the visa fee surcharge.
Singapore Entry Requirements
If you are going to pass through the immigration, you must have the following documents:
– A valid passport
– A valid transit visa (Singapore tourist visa for Indians)
– Confirmed flight ticket to your destination country
– SG Arrival Card (SGAC)
– Proof of covid19 vaccination
– Proof of negative covid19 test taken before departure
Singapore Transit Visa Application Process for Indians
Did you know that you can apply online for a Singapore visa?
Well, you’re welcome, and I will also tell you how you can apply online:
– How To Apply Online for A Singapore Transit Visa?
– How To Apply for A Singapore Visa from India?
How To Apply Online for A Singapore Transit Visa?
So, if you have decided to apply for your visa online, you have two options available:
– Atlys: With Atlys, you do not have to worry about finding a local contact in Singapore or a registered travel agent in India. Instead, download the app and complete the visa application in a few simple steps.
– Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority or ICA website: This online option is available to those with a local contact or strategic partner in Singapore with a SingPass account who can apply online on your behalf. However, this means that you cannot apply for the visa yourself.
How To Apply for A Singapore Visa from India?
If you think the above-mentioned options are not suitable for you, then there is another option for you.
It is to apply directly through the Singapore Embassy in India. But there’s a catch, you cannot apply for the visa directly at the embassy yourself.
Wondering what I mean?
I mean to say that you will have to find an authorized visa agent in India who can apply for the visa on your behalf. You will have to find a visa office location in India to start your application process.
To apply for the Singapore visa, you will need to have the required documents and must submit them via the registered visa agent.
The visa agent visa will make the submission on your behalf, and once the visa is approved, they will provide you the visa.
How Long Does It Take Your Singapore Transit Visa to Be Approved?
Again, it depends.
For example, if you have applied for your visa online on the ICA website, you should get your transit visa in 3 working days.
However, if you applied for your visa via a visa agent, it could take between 3 to 5 working days, depending on the approval time from the Singapore embassy office. It could take longer, so plan when you should apply for the visa accordingly.
Get Ready for Your Trip!
There you have it; everything that you need to know about Singapore Transit Visa!
Just make sure you know whether you need to leave the transit area or not before your trip.
And I am sure this blog has answered all your questions and will help you should you need to transit through Singapore.
Read More on KulFiy