Over the last few years, VPNs have.
We have become more possessive about our online activities. Especially after we get to know that our data is being transferred and used for different types of things, like regulating the use of the internet, we start to crave privacy.
Thanks to technological advancements.
It has a VPN or a virtual private network. Using this, we can secure our online activities. Apart from that, we also can access a lot of online information that is restricted in our region.
That is why the popularity of VPNs is increasing day by day.
If you are also thinking about using a VPN, you must be wondering how to set it up. So here we are with a guide you help you with how to set up a VPN on Windows 10.
Setting Up A VPN
Usually, there are 2 different approaches for setting up a VPN. Here in this article, we will guide you with both approaches. Let’s start with the app-based approach.
Software Or App Approach
It is most probably the easiest way of setting up a new VPN. If you are a first-time VPN user, we will totally recommend you this one. You just need to follow some simple steps.
- First, you need to sign up for a VPN service.
- After that, create an account.
- Once you are done, download the VPN app or any particular software from the RarBG st free of cost for your chosen VPN service.
- Now, just log in to the account you have just made while signing up for the specific VPN service.
- On the basis of what type of service you have selected, it might ask you for either a security key or a two-step verification code.
- When you are in the app, you need to connect to a VPN server.
- After the connection is made, you should run a speed test. In almost every application, you will find speed tests.
- The app will also have a tutorial guide. So go through that and get the idea about its various features and formalize with them.
Now, you are great to go with using the VPN service.
Manual Or Operating System Approach
Now, this one is a little more complicated than the previous application of the software method. It also depends on the operating system you are using. For the different operating systems, the process of this particular approach varies.
So a new VPN service, you need to find the VPN protocol along with the VPN address to use the manual process. Here we will talk about the Windows one.
- For the service used, first, look up both the VPN protocol and, obviously, the VPN address.
- Now it is time to click the Start icon.
- After that, search for the Settings icon and click on it.
- Go to Network and Internet.
- Look for the VPN option and click.
- Now look for the option Add a VPN Connection and click on it.
- Under the option of VPN provider, you need to select Windows, which is also the built-in one.
- There will be a box for Connection Name; you are required to enter a name that will be easier for you to remember later.
- There will be another bar for Server Address or Name for the particular VPN server you are trying to connect with.
- Under the option VPN Type, select the VPN protocol that your VPN service uses.
- Now you need to select the types of sign-in information that you require for the particular VPN service. It usually includes a username, password, certificate, or smartcard one-time password.
- Now, click on the option that says Save.
- Now, after selecting the new VPN, you must click Advanced Options in case you require any type of information editing or need to change proxy settings.
- You will find a Network icon on the right side of the taskbar. Click there.
- Now just select the VPN profile you have set up in Step 8.
- Now, look for Connect and click.
- If the screen prompts you to enter the sign-in information you have set up in Step 11, you need to enter that.
- Now, again click on the Network icon. The VPN profile will show you “Connected” just beneath its name.
Read more on KulFiy
5 Reasons You Can’t Go Without a VPN for Apple TV