In India’s urban cities, the rental furniture business has undergone a prominent transformation as many organizations compete for customers and the market’s attention.
Short-time visitors like recent graduates, young families, and college students find it more affordable or cost-effective to rent furniture. If someone wants to move or relocate, all they need to do is return the rented furniture. To come to a well-informed decision, learn about a few things that you must know prior to renting furniture.
How does the rental process for furniture work?
- You need to select the location for rental and duration
- You need to make decisions regarding furniture items (for what purpose you need)
- Next, make an order or purchase
- Set up the delivery of furniture
- After you have completed renting, call and arrange for a return pick-up.
What is the charge for renting furniture?
Generally, furniture on rent is associated with a monthly cost. The costs vary according to the quality of furniture, location and business, and the duration of your subscription. There are 2 kinds of subscription models for renting furniture:
- Rent-to-rent: This model is ideal for those who need a short-term subscription to furniture and wish to pay every month without any long-term obligations. This model has larger per month payments but it has a lesser number of payments.
- Rent-to-own: In this model, you can pay monthly on the purchased furniture price. It has lower rates of interest, a reduction in the overall rate, and a longer window for payments. In this model, you are liable to make payments for a secured or fixed duration. You will get to keep all the furniture once the whole payment (installments) has been paid.
- Subscriptions: Repeat clients might be eligible for a long-term membership plan or subscription service. They can benefit from special incentives and discounts such as lower delivery rates and free upgrades.
What are the benefits of renting furniture?
- Less expensive than purchasing for a short-term stay
- Environment-friendly as the furniture is getting reused and not adding to the landfill. Materials like foam and PVC do not decompose easily.
- Furniture is a depreciating asset, the value lowers with time but, with renting it won’t be a concern.
How does furniture rental work?
Here are a few easy and simple steps for you to follow:
- You need to decide what furniture you require. Do some primary research and then go to the store.
- You need to handpick each item according to color, design, requirement, and type.
- You should rent furniture according to your space.
- You have to select a furniture package that meets your requirements and expectations. Have a package of all the basic things like dining table and chair, bed, wardrobe, sofa, etc.
- Now, you need to decide the duration of how long you wish to rent the furniture. Long-term duration will cost you less as compared to a short-term duration.
- You need to complete the application and verification form. For this, you have to submit identity and address proofs or documents and a no-objection certificate (NOC) from the owner of the rented house you will be shifting the furniture.
- Lastly, set a delivery schedule. Normally, orders are delivered within seventy-two hours.
Millennials and gen-z are keen on different aspects of life like traveling. Switching places often will require furniture for staying. Seek furniture on rent in Bangalore ASAP.
Read more on KulFiy
Life Hacks: 6 Storage Ideas for Modern Apartments
Renting a Furnished Apartment – How Renting a Furnished Apartment Is Stress-Free?