Is marijuana a boon or a bane? Why do people use marijuana? With the increasing number of people searching for “recreational dispensary near me,” many, especially parents, have been wondering how it affects their children and what good can they get from it. While being the most widely consumed illicit substance, several states have allowed it for medical and recreational use.
As states allow marijuana for recreational purposes, numerous forms of cannabis have emerged. One can take it in several forms, such as in brownies and candies. Recreational marijuana is sometimes smoked as a dry, brown, and green mixture of herbs, stems, leaves, and seeds and is consumed using a pipe, bong, or as a blunt. It may also be blended in food or brewed as a tea.
Despite the dangers associated with its long-term use, the number of people using marijuana for recreational use has continually risen every year. Below are a few of the advantages and disadvantages of using marijuana for recreational use.
Learn to Grow Marijuana, check out I Love Growing Marijuana
- Smoking marijuana has now become a way of bonding between friends because it appears to loosen barriers. It could help people voice their opinions and share thoughts openly, helping them to get closer to their peers.
- The use of marijuana frees up a person’s imagination. Some varieties will improve the strength, art, and creativity of users. Cannabinoids, a naturally existing substance, communicate with the brain and stimulate creativity.
- Marijuana usage gives people a feeling of being able to convince others to trust in their thought. Alternatively, marijuana makes consumers more open to new knowledge.
- Marijuana use can bring out the child in users, which would be beneficial as they seek to cope with everyday stress.
- Recreational marijuana from a “recreational dispensary near me” can make you feel like a different person. Some naturally shy people use marijuana to become more relaxed, more expressive, and more energetic.
- Using marijuana can cause a release of dopamine that produces “feel-good” or “happy” sensations immediately after use, allowing one to enjoy the beauty of the environment.
- One of the disadvantages of using marijuana for recreational purposes is that it affects your short-term directly. The active components in marijuana alter the information processing on the hippocampus. The use of marijuana in youth has a significant impact on the development of the brain. Memory obstruction may result in substantial cognitive impairment. Moreover, marijuana speeds up brain cell loss due to age. Researches have shown that a decline in learning and cognitive ability will extend to adulthood even though they have long stopped consuming cannabis.
- The use of marijuana increases anxiety, fear, panic, and disbelief. It is the most common early side-effect of marijuana use. Cannabis substances can stimulate hallucinations that affect relationships with others.
- Recurrent use of marijuana increases the likelihood of anxiety and depression, particularly in consumers with a family history of mental illness.
- Psychosis, which involves illusions and loss of identity, can arise in individuals who take large doses of the substance.
While marijuana has been authorized for both recreational and medicinal use, it should still be necessary for everyone to understand the positive and negative effects of marijuana with long-term use.
Author Bio: Sylvia James is a copywriter and content strategist. She helps businesses stop playing around with content marketing and start seeing the tangible ROI. She loves writing as much as she loves the cake.