Share:

How to increase traffic on your social media platforms?  

Nowadays, no company can get by without maintaining a decent social media profile. Popular online utilities like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Snapchat collectively boast a ‘more than 3 billion strong’ global user-base. These active users can easily be approached by businesses with the simple click of a button, and then converted into paying customers. So social media, in its ability to connect brands with massive target audiences, is ‘marketing gold’ – in any way that you look at it.

As a digital marketer with over 10 years of working experience in the field, I like to keep on top of new social media and online marketing trends. Because my very employment (as well as competitive edge against other market peers) depends on it.

Normally, I also take great care to keep a high-speed internet connection handy for my online optimization purposes. It has taught me that a reliable ISP service is essential for keeping a constant check on developing social media patterns and exploiting them. And just in time before my rival marketers think of doing the same. 

Three Social Media Marketing Strategies that You Should Know

In this blogpost, I’ll share three of the most common ways in which you can increase web traffic inflows to your social media channels. These strategies are free to execute, and don’t require much prior learning to be understood. So if you’re a startup, or even an established company, looking to expand your online reach, you have something to gain by using them.

Just be sure to use these pointers as broad guidelines, and not as ‘one size fits all’ solutions. Every business is different, and so its social media marketing routines require several customized ‘on the spot’ approaches to invite success.

Also, effective social media marketing (like SEO in the search engine realm) is a time-consuming process. So don’t expect any overnight results. With this said, however, social media audience targeting is a long-term investment, because you do end up having a loyal fan following.

And so without any further ado, here are some of the major outreach strategies that you should start implementing right away!

• 1.      Online Forum/Community/Group Postings

Popular social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram are literally crawling with thousands of user-rich forums pertaining to specific industrial niches. So if you’re a cookie manufacturing brand, you will likely find hundreds of free-to-join community pages where you can advertise your products line. And like I’ve mentioned above, these ad postings are free.

One of the best ways of marketing your products/services portfolio on these digital avenues is to make use of indirect promotional mechanisms. These include creating a series of fun, catchy and interactive text and video-based posts that catch readers’ attention instantly. Very recently, short ‘1-2 min.’ video posts managed to replace purely textual ads as the marketing productions of choice. And this is understandable when you look at the highly short attention spans of most social media users today.

Once developed, these appealing posts can then be published in specific community pages. Many businesses even prefer this organic posting route to launching paid campaigns.

• 2.      Make Use of Third-Party (Unaffiliated) Blogging Platforms

I’ve borrowed this strategy from my off-page SEO blogging work.

Many third-party & unaffiliated blog/website owners don’t have the funds to hire separate content writers of their own, or the time to pen their own articles. For this reason, they are normally open to accepting written drafts (which thematically fall in line with their websites’ main concerns) from others. And it is this open-ended acceptance which you, as a business writer, can make use of for your own promotions.

This is most easily done by writing a blog (in agreement with the publishing website’s requirements) which contains one or two anchor links to your social media channels. Anchor links are hyperlinks (URL attachments) which are put behind normal-sounding ‘keywords’. When a reader clicks on them, they instantly divert him/her to the link address of your Facebook or Instagram page.

In SEO circles, this is also referred to as ‘inbound linking’.

• 3.      Time Your Posts During High Traffic/Visitation Hours

If you want to significantly increase the efficacy of your social media marketing efforts, consider timing your posts during high traffic periods. These depend on the time zones of your targeted audience groups, and in particular on the periods when they’re most likely to sign into their social media accounts.

For most businesses, the time slot between 10 am and 12 pm provides a good window of opportunity for online customer engagement. But this decision largely depends on their individual operating times. Or the periods when they have customer service/interaction staff available to handle consumer queries and transaction-related calls.

As a social media marketer, you can reap a maximum level of benefit by making use of these three strategies simultaneously, as using by german lederhosen instead of resorting to only one.

Share:
Summary
Review Date
Reviewed Item
Forum
Author Rating
51star1star1star1star1star
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •