Today, there are tons of car insurance options in the market. Deciding on an ideal one for your needs can take time and effort. However, understanding the various specks available on a policy and knowing why you need the cover will ease the hustle.
A guiding list of some of the top-rated insurance companies in Georgia would also lessen your burden, as you’ll find out below. You will also discover other factors that can affect acquiring your car insurance policy in Georgia and how to navigate the process. But first, let’s discuss “what is auto insurance?”
What is Auto Insurance, and Why is it Important?
Auto insurance is a contract you enter into with an insurance company that protects you from financial loss in the event of a theft or an accident. Auto insurance is essential because it protects you from various damages to your vehicle, such as repairing a broken windshield or the cost of mechanical parts repairs due to a collision, and so on. If you have insurance, your insurance company will pay for significant damage repairs in the event of an accident.
Top Five Car Insurance Companies In Georgia
1. State Farm
As one of the largest national insurance firms, State Farm has been known for its impeccable services for almost a century. It tops the list in customer service, claim settlement, and financial stability.
State Farm offers affordable packages, especially to young drivers, and discount packages to its drivers. They even have an app that monitors drivers’ habits and helps correct them, contributing positively to a better insurance package.
Image Source: Pexels.com
As a leader in car insurance companies, it provides a variety of covers, including;
- Comprehensive coverage – This covers you against any damages other than collision damages.
- Liability insurance ( Property damage liability coverage and bodily injury liability coverage)
- Roadside assistance coverage helps in situations where you might get a puncture by the roadside, a dead battery, towing, or even need mechanical help while on the road.
- Medical payments coverage – This one help cover medical expenses for people traveling in your car in case of an accident.
- Collision coverage comes in handy if your car accidentally crashes with another vehicle or object.
- Travel expenses – It helps, especially if you need to rent a car or room or even pay for food and drinks while traveling.
Another one of the best car insurance companies is the USAA. It tops the list when it comes to financial stability, reputation, and customer service. The only downside is that this company’s covers are only available to the military, their families, and the veterans.
However, they offer some affordable car insurance with good discounts, especially for young drivers. USAA offers full coverage as well as other packages like:
- Comprehensive coverage
- Liability coverage
- Collision coverage
- Roadside assistance coverage
- Rental car and travel expenses coverage
The company also has a SafePilot program available in at least 34 states where drivers have an app that records their driving. The results help to award discounts to these drivers when renewing their covers which is incredible.
3. Auto-Owners Insurance
If you are looking for a company with affordable rates yet a variety of packages to pick from in Georgia, then Auto-owners is your pick. It might not be as popular as the national insurance companies, but their competitive rates put it at a great place on the list. Especially for a budget-sensitive driver, auto-owners will help you personalize your cover at a relatively low rate compared to its counterparts.
Even with the low rates, its relatively low complaint index with the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) and good financial standing show a good track record.
It offers both standard car insurance covers and a combination of add-on policies to personalize your package like;
- Additional expenses coverage
- Diminished value coverage
- Roadside assistance
- Loan/lease gap coverage
4. GEICO Insurance
As the second-largest national insurance company, you can bet that GEICO has some of the best insurance packages. Besides, they’ve also maintained excellent financial standing, comprehensive coverage, and perfect customer service over the years.
It’s also known for rewarding its drivers. They have a program called the DriveEasy program, where they track a driver’s performance. They then use the rewards to create better premiums during renewal.
The company offers all types of auto insurance, giving you some of the highest coverage. Geico also has a variety of add-ons to personalize your coverage, from rental car reimbursement, liability coverage, and roadside assistance to mechanical breakdown insurance. They have it all. So whether you want a personalized cover or the full-coverage option, Geico will cater to your needs.
Image Source: Unsplash.com
In Georgia, high-risk drivers face high premiums for coverage, which can be challenging. High risk entails a large group of individuals like young and inexperienced drivers, drivers with a DUI record, drivers with a ticket or an accident record, and so much more.
Luckily, Progressive had these groups of drivers in mind when they designed their coverage packages to suit everyone’s needs. They offer a variety of standard auto insurance coverage and add-on options to personalize your coverage, such as:
- Pet coverage
- Rental car reimbursement
- Rideshare coverage
- Roadside assistance
- Loan/lease gap coverage
- Accident forgiveness coverage
So if you are a high-risk driver and almost gave up in the search for a supportive company, Progressive covers will come in handy.
Factors Affecting Insurance Coverage In Georgia
Image Source: Pexels.com
- Age: Young drivers with a lack of experience are considered high risk by most insurance companies. So, they may need to pay a higher premium to cater to the risk.
- Driving Under the Influence (DUI): A DUI record on your driving history presents you as a high risk. However, after ten years of clean record, the rates drop back to normal.
- Credit Score: Drivers with a high credit score tend to pay for damages instead of filing claims. Some insurance companies charge this class of drivers relatively low rates as they assume the drivers will not file claims.
- Location: Your address is likely to affect your premium cost. For instance, you will likely incur high premiums if you live in a large city with high traffic volumes and crime rates.
- Violations: Violations like traffic tickets for speeding could pose you a traffic offender. This means you are a high risk to the insurance company.
Overall, shopping for the best car insurance in Georgia in 2022 needs patience, proper research, and comparison of the options. While there are many providers, these top five are some of the best in terms of affordability, cover opinion, and customer service.
With this detailed guide, shop around for the best possible rates. Remember to consider these factors that could affect your coverage as you shop for an ideal cover for your needs in Georgia.
Read more on KulFiy
The Process of Making a Claim for Car Accident Injury Compensation Through the Insurance Commission of WA
7 Awesome Advantages of Owning a Car
Why Private Car services are Better than Yellow Taxi or Cab?